We at EDC company located in Chennai founded by an eminent group of technocrats with a Comprehensive expertise in Design, Detailed Engineering, Procurement Support and Project Management offers plethora of services ranging from single source, integrated, comprehensive design to complete project management solutions for industrial and commercial projects resulting in faster project delivery, minimum multi-disciplinary coordination, improved quality of deliverables and protection of intellectual property and process know-how.
Our team of multi-disciplinary professionals espouses consummate knowledge, industry experience and nonpareil proficiency to design, engineering and executing projects precisely tailored for manufacturing processes. Our proven experience lends itself to facing the challenges allied with intricate industrial projects.
Currently, EDC provide services for projects in all over India and the middle-east countries ensuring supreme quality in all spheres of the business. EDC encompasses a glut of professionals acquainted and accustomed with national and international codes and standards for carrying out diverse engineering activities.
We the professionals at EDC a duty bound to bestow the clients our time, patience, technical ability, credibility and confidentiality, acting without discrimination and being accountable for our conduct and behaviour. Every employee in EDC is dedicated in delivering the projects within the deadlines and the top priority of them is the client satisfaction. We also provide excellent Project Liasoning services for approval of various projects from the state and central government. Our primary services include development approvals, state approvals, local approvals, approvals from various authorities, project subsidy approvals, etc. We also assist and help our clients in obtaining clearance for different projects. Clients can avail the excellent quality services at competitive and affordable rates.
To gratify the clients with peerless quality services and to be one of the most admired and reliable engineering design & project management Consulting team in delivering innovative solutions globally.
To exceed our clients expectations with novel and personalized assurance in delivering projects with utmost quality globally.
CIVIL & STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING
We provide comprehensive solutions for Civil & structural design and detailing services for industrial & commercial buildings, infrastructure projects and plant and Pipe rack structures.
Civil & Structural Design
- Analysis of structural space frames
- Wind load analysis
- Seismic load analysis
- Calculations of loads on structures
- Designing of structural members
- Preparation of foundation load data
- Designing and detailing of steel structures
- Calculation of loads on structures
- Preparation of schematic drawings
- Sizing of members
Steel Detailing Engineering
- 3D CAD detailing and modeling
- Miscellaneous metal detailing
- General Arrangement for construction
- Shop Fabrication Drawings (includes Column, Beam, Brace, Stair, Handrail, Ladders etc)
- Assembly Drawings &Single Part Drawings.
- Erection Drawings
- Assembly List, Part List, Bolt List, Bolt Summary
MEP ENGINEERING DESIGN SERVICES
Refrigation and Air Conditioning System
- Load estimate, psychometric charts system design
- Ventilation systems
- Process heating and cooling system
- Equipment selection
- Construction drawings
- Technical specification evaluation
- Instrumentation and control
- Domestic application water system
- Industrial application water system
- STP & ETP systems
Fire Fighting system
- Water based fire hydrant, Fire sprinkler system
- Pre action fire fighting system
- High velocity water spray system
- Fire water pump room erection
- Smoke management system design
- Fire and Life safety consulting
- Structural fire engineering
- System failure analysis
- Plan review services
- Conceptual Layouts and Load estimations
- Single Line diagrams, Schematic and Equipments layouts
- Equipment selection and evaluation of technical specifications
- MV/LV/MCC Power distributions layouts
- Cable tray and cabling layouts
- Lighting and small power design
- Outdoor energy efficient lighting systems
- Earthing and lightning protection systems
- Power quality studies and improvement
- Solar and other renewable energy studies
- Drawing approvals from CEIG
- Co-ordination to obtain Power supply from electricity Board
BUILDING INFORMATION MODELING
BIM (Building Information Modeling) is an intelligent 3D model-based process that gives architecture, engineering, and construction (AEC) professionals the insight and tools to more efficiently plan, design, construct, and manage buildings and infrastructure.
Our Services Include
- Preparation of BIM models for Infrastructure Modeling
- Architectural Modeling Including Facades
- Structural Modeling
- MEP Modeling
- Visualization Comprising of Rendering, Walkthrough / Flythrough BIM Models
- Revit Family Creation
- Presentation Videos / Movies
- Animation of Construction Sequences
- BIM Clash Detection and Risk Mitigation
- Bulk Drawing Conversion
- Scanned Pdf / Tiff Converison
- Extraction of 2D drawings/ Information’s from BIM Models for the Respective Discipline.
- Co-Ordination Scheduling
- Pre-bid / Post Bid support - Quantity take off, BOQ Verification, Documentation, Project Management, Quality control.
- As-built Modeling Works
- Point Cloud to BIM
Expertise of delivering LOD for different levels-100,200,300,350 & 400
Benefits of MEP Modeling
- COORDINATION: Streamline communication with 3D visualization among all stakeholders for quick decision making during design and pre-construction phase.
- EFFICIENCY: Eliminate RFI’s, work stoppages and rework by checking the accuracy and completeness of drawings before starting construction on-site/off-site.
- QUALITY: Improving Quality by producing accurate Shop Drawings directly from the 3D BIM model which could also be used for pre-fabrication.
- SAVINGS: Pre-construction and Pre-fabrication reviews mean better use of manpower, better quality construction and reduced rework and wastage, all of which translate into lower costs.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Detailed Material BOQ and Shop Drawings with 3D visualization enable a better look at “The Big Picture” and aid in the review, scheduling and monitoring of each project.
GREEN TECHNOLOGIES INTEGRATION
EDC offer the Green Technologies Integration Unit consulting services to facilitate integration and implementation of innovative green technologies. The following are some examples of green technologies that can be explored in collaboration with industry partners:
Green Building Technologies is a holistic concept where the multiple aspects pertaining to design, construction and operations are integrated to achieve sustainable performance. Also, the design and processes vary based on the type and nature of building and climatic conditions.
- Design for Energy Efficiency
- Design of Day-lighting Systems
- Waste Management and Recycling
- Rainwater Collection Systems
- Lifecycle Costing
- Ventilation Studies
- Environmental Impact Analysis
- Sustainable Material and Product Selection
- Sun-Path Analysis
- Solar Shading Analysis
- Solar Insulation Analysis
- Energy Modelling
- Day-lighting Simulation
- Energy Audits
- Indoor Air Quality Audits
- Post-Occupancy Evaluation and Re-Engineering
- Renewable Energy Solutions
- Solar Photovoltaic System
- Fuel Cells
- Wind Energy
- Bio-mass Plants
- Electric Vehicle Chargers
INTERNSHIP / TRAINING
As EDC itself is an Engineering Design Consultant and associated with many industries, one of the key areas of EDC is industry relevant training to both entry level engineers as well as training of newly inducted / experienced teachers of Engineering & Technology E & T. This EDC designed training takes the trainers from Engineering Science to Engineering Practice. The training aims at providing industry readiness for graduating students of E & T.
A truly successful project is one where project goals are identified early on and where the interdependencies of all building systems are coordinated concurrently from the planning and programming phase. Further, all our design objectives: accessible, aesthetics, cost effective, functional/operational, historic preservation, productive, secure/safe, and sustainable and their interrelationships must be understood, evaluated, and appropriately applied. Each of these design objectives is presented in the context of Conceive - Design - Implement - Operating (CDIO) Real world System.
- Opportunity to work in Real Time Project.
- Industrial Visit / On-Site Visit.
- CDIO Framework provides students to familiar with the context in Conceiving - Designing - Implementing - Operating (Real World System.)
- Placement assistance with Domestic & International client.
FOR TRAINERS AND TEACHERS: OBE/CDIO Paradigm for Teachers of E & T
Course Title: Instructional system Design for OBE through CDIO Framework
Guidance By, Dr. T. G. Sambanthan Professor/EDP Manager(Retd.)
- Brief Bio data of Dr.T.G.Sambanthan:
M.E (IISc), Ph.D. (IIT-M). Produced 13 Ph.Ds. (University of Madras) in engineering education (mostly on OBE) and published over 100 papers, and acted as principal investigator of an UGC funded R&D project on OBE. Obtained curriculum development training from Huddersfield University (UK) and obtained training on lifelong learning in technician education from CPSC, Manilla, Philippines (Colombo Plan). Visited over 1200 engineering colleges (on various committees) in 17 states of india in the past over 16 years.15 years of Industrial experience from India (EIL, New Delhi) and abroad (Saudi Arabia) and about 23 years of training of trainers' experience obtained from NITTTR, Chennai, as Professor of CSE. Won few acclaims from professional/University bodies.
OTHER INVITED EXPERTS
Dr. Anand Babu, Group delivery Mphasis HP, Chennai.
Dr. Mohammed Iqbal, Former COO, ETA InfoTech Group, Chennai.
Er. T. T. Sundaram, Former Additional General Manager, NTPC, Vallur Project, Chennai.
Professor Dr. B. Kanagasundaram, Formerly with Ashok Leyland, Escher Ltd.,
- Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- Mobile : 9884111392 / 9566430664
AC-102, 2nd Floor, 2nd Street, 6th Main Road, Anna Nagar, Chennai - 600 040.|
Phone: 044 - 4864 2499
Mobile: +91 98840 00304/332/395